I am always so excited and feel so honored when one of my recipes is published in a magazine. This week I received 2 magazines from Taste of Home with one of my cookie recipes in each.
This is my recipe for Halloween Party Cutout Cookies. It is in the Taste of Home magazine posted above. I have not made my cookies yet for this year but here are a few from last year.
I use my recipe for decorated sugar cookies. I decorated these very simple and some of the grandchildren helped.
The second magazine is a cookie swap edition and is full of great looking recipes. I will be trying several of them out this year. The cookie recipe of mine they published was actually one I created a few years ago as an after school snack for some of my grandchildren.
This recipe only has 4 ingredients. If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, this will hit the spot.
Trail Mix Cookie Cups
Write a review
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella or Jif)
- 1 1/2 cups trail mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 24 cups of mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into (24) even size balls, about 1 1/4 inch each. Press each into the bottom and up sides of a muffin cup.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and make an indentation in the center of each cup, using a wooden tart maker or the end of a wooden spoon handle. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove each cookie cup and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the chocolate spread and then 1 teaspoon of peanut butter into each cup. Top with a tablespoon of the trail mix. Transfer to serving platter and enjoy.
GRANDMA HONEY'S HOUSE http://grandmahoneyshouse.com/