Easter is just a few weeks away. Here is a fun treat to make for any get together.
This is a very easy, colorful and delicious cake to make for your grandchildren (or children) for Easter.
I created this for a JELL-O baking contest a few years ago. It did not win the contest, but won my grandchildren’s praise.
Pink Velveteen Bunny Cake
A colorful and moist Bundt cake perfect for Easter.
Write a review
- no stick baking spray with flour
- 1 (18.25oz) box white cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (or sour cream)
- 1 (3oz) box Raspberry Jell-O
- 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- 1- 2 drops pink or red food coloring, or paste
- Easter candy to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 10 cup bundt cake pan with no stick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, mascarpone cheese and jello.
- Beat on medium speed of an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Pour and spread evenly in the bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester (or toothpick) comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving platter and carefully remove the pan. Allow to cool about 15 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the confectioner sugar, food coloring, and enough milk to make a smooth glaze. Start with 1 tablespoon at a time. Drizzle over the cake.
- Garnish with the Easter candy. Serves 12
GRANDMA HONEY'S HOUSE http://grandmahoneyshouse.com/