Homemade noodles from scratch was one of the specialties my mother always made for every holiday and special meal. That was my inspiration for my Home-style Chicken and Noodles.
I love all of the recipes that can be created from using a rotisserie chicken. For this post on my downsized cooking feature, I want to share a few of those ideas using 1 chicken
These rotissere chickens are not only convenient, they are inexpensive. I buy mine at Sam’s and they cost $4.99. I only use the breast meat and this usually nets about 4 cups of meat. My husband likes to eat the legs. I bought this last weekend and made 4 different meals that were enough to feed 2 people. If you prefer more meat in any of the dishes, you can still make 3 of the 4 dishes.
I serve these meals with a salad or vegetable.
When I go to Sam’s, I usually buy 2 of these chickens. We eat part of it for supper that night and then I make another dish from the remaining meat. I cut the meat off of the second one and put it in smaller freezer bags for future use. I like to make chicken salad from the rotisserie chicken but when I do this, I make it while the meat is still warm so that the flavors blend better. The possibilities of recipes are endless but I want to share some of the comfort foods that I made last weekend.
Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
Write a review
- 2 frozen biscuits, baked
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- 1/2 can cream of chicken soup
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken breast, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- Melt butter in medium sized saucepan or dutch oven over a medium heat. Add the flour, salt and pepper, whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, half and half, soup and food coloring. (Start with 1 drop and add desired amount). Stir in the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer over a low heat until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat. Serve with hot biscuits and mashed potatoes.
GRANDMA HONEY'S HOUSE http://grandmahoneyshouse.com/