Sharing this easy idea to make snowy days a little more special.
Winter Wonderland Snack Board
On a snowy, cold day, what could be better than a Winter Wonderland Snack Board?
A board or tray filled with savory and sweet treats that are all, basically, white to match your snowy day.
We finally had our first real snow and there is just something magical about it. Of course we share hot cocoa or make a pot of chili to celebrate, but I wanted to create something a little better on this day.
A few weeks ago, I baked a batch of my favorite sugar cookies, cut them out with a snowflake cutter, frosted them and put them in the freezer to wait on a snowy day. I had also baked some mexican wedding (snowball) cookies and had them in the freezer.
The day of the snow, I just went through the pantry and refrigerator to see what I could add to the tray that was white.
The only thing I had to bake on this day was turkey-cranberry pinwheels. Using a roll of crescent dough, I spread an herb flavored cream cheese, arranged turkey lunch meat slices, swiss cheese, and then a handful of frozen, crushed cranberries. Roll them up like a jelly roll, slice and bake.
These cute little ramekins had snowmen on them and they added some charm to the board. They were filled with popcorn.
Make some finger sandwiches, roll up a few slices of turkey, then fill the board with white yogurt covered pretzels, white chocolate covered mini reese cups, white powdered mini donuts, snowflake and snowball cookies, and white cupcakes with white icing and sparkles. The big thing I did not have on hand was marshmallows!! That would have made it perfect. My foods are just an idea, but you can add so many other things to be even more creative.
This Winter Wonderland Snack Board will make the children of all ages happy. If you are having a snow day from school, let the children help to create it. My grandchildren love making food boards.
HERE is the recipe for the sugar cookies I make.
I hope you make one of these boards to enjoy after sleigh riding, building a snowman, or just looking out the window on a snowy day.
WINTER WONDERLAND SNACK BOARD
- White popcorn
- Turkey-Swiss Crescent roll-ups
- Finger sandwiches on white bread
- Turkey lunch meat
- White cupcakes with white icing
- White yogurt covered mini pretzels
- White mini powdered donuts
- White snowball cookies (mexican wedding cookies)
- White Snowflake decorated sugar cookies
- Choose size of a wooden board, tray, or baking sheet to use, depending of number of people to be served.
- Prepare any foods that will need to be baked to place on tray, such as cookies or crescent pinwheels.
- Arrange all ingredients to be used on tray.
- Fill 2 ramekin or small bowls with popcorn and place in center area of tray. Arrange finger sandwiches and crescent roll ups on one side. Roll up slices of turkey lunch meat and place near the sandwiches. Arrange cookies on the other side of tray. Fill in the empty areas with cupcakes, pretzels, donuts and marshmallows.
2 thoughts on “WINTER WONDERLAND SNACK BOARD”
Beautiful and yummy looking board!
Comments are closed.