This cookout board for 2 includes burgers, hot dogs and all of the sides served at any summer get together, just scaled down.
The cookout board for 2 is a fun way to celebrate for empty nesters, young couples, or other small groups of people. My husband and I have a large family with 8 children, their spouses, and 15 grandchildren. Anytime we are all together, it is a big event, and involves lots of food. On some holidays, it is just my husband and I. We still try to celebrate the holidays as usual, so creating these food boards for 2 works out great.
There will still be some leftovers, but they will be eaten the next day. I am including the recipes for the sides on my cookout board for 2.
Start by fixing 2 hamburgers and 2 hot dogs. Add the cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and condiments.
Here is the recipe for our HOMEMADE HOT DOG SAUCE
I make the full recipe and freeze when we are not going to use. It freezes very well.
Prepare 2 eggs for BASIC DEVILED EGGS
Recipe link for the POTATO SALAD and BAKED BEANS
I cut the recipes down for the desired amount.
COOKOUT BOARD FOR 2
- Ingredients for Hot Dog Sauce (linked in post)
- Ingredients for Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Baked Beans (linked in post)
- condiments, mayo, mustard, burger sauce
- Sliced tomatoes
- sliced onions
- Prepare Hot Dog Sauce recipe
- Prepare recipes for deviled eggs, potato salad, and baked beans.
- Grill or cook on stove 2 hamburgers and 2 hot dogs.
- To build the tray, arrange small dishes with the sides.
- Arrange the cheese, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, onions, and condiments.
- Add the hamburgers and hot dogs.
Even if there are only 2 people at your cookout, continue to decorate your table, use festive tableware and enjoy the holiday.