Cranberry-Sausage-Walnut Crescent Roll-ups
A crescent dough sheet filled with a mixture of cream cheese, cooked sausage crumbles, walnuts, topped with cranberry sauce, then rolled, sliced and baked. These Cranberry-Sausage-Walnut Crescent Roll-ups are the perfect appetizer.
The past few months have been filled with holidays, parties, and now football season is upon us. All of these occasions call for serving easy to make, delicious, and colorful appetizers.
My refrigerator always has at least 1 can of Pillsbury Refrigerated Dough Sheet in there. So many appetizers start with this.
To make these roll-ups, start by unrolling a can of the dough sheet. Press into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread cream cheese over the dough. Top with cooked sausage crumbles, walnuts and cranberry sauce.
Roll dough up like a jelly roll. Slice into 16 equal slices and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake until light golden brown, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.
These Cranberry-Sausage-Walnut Roll-ups are also perfect to serve at a brunch.
Some other great appetizer recipes are
Chicken Bacon Caprese Bites
This post was shared on Weekend Potluck @sweetlittlebluebird
Check this site out for the best collection of recipes from home cooks.
CRANBERRY-SAUSAGE-WALNUT CRESCENT ROLL-UPS
- 1 (8oz) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ground sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent dough sheet onto a large cutting board and press gently, into a 12x 9 inch rectangle. Spread cream cheese evenly over the dough sheet with an offset spatula. Top evenly, with the sausage and walnuts. Spread the cranberry sauce over the ingredients.
- Beginning with the long side, roll up like a jelly roll. Using a serrated knife, slice into 16 equal slices. Arrange on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until crust is a light golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then arrange on a serving plate.