Cheese Spaghetti Pie
This Cheesy Garden Patch Spaghetti Bake will satisfy your craving for pasta as well as help to use some of the wonderful garden vegetables available this time of year.
I love all of the recipes that can be created from using 1 rotisserie chicken. For this post on my downsized cooking feature, I want to share a few of those ideas using a chicken.
These rotissere chickens are not only convenient, they are inexpensive. I buy mine at Sam’s and they cost $4.99. I only use the breast meat and this usually nets about 4 cups of meat. My husband likes to eat the legs. I bought this last weekend and made 4 different meals that were enough to feed 2 people. If you prefer more meat in any of the dishes, you can still make 3 of the 4 dishes.
I serve these meals with a salad or vegetable.
When I go to Sam’s, I usually buy 2 of these chickens. We eat part of it for supper that night and then I make another dish from the remaining meat. I cut the meat off of the second one and put it in smaller freezer bags for future use. I like to make chicken salad from the rotisserie chicken but when I do this, I make it while the meat is still warm so that the flavors blend better. The possibilities of recipes are endless but I want to share some of the comfort foods that I made last weekend.
- 2 frozen biscuits, baked
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- 1/2 can cream of chicken soup
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken breast, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- Melt butter in medium sized saucepan or dutch oven over a medium heat. Add the flour, salt and pepper, whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, half and half, soup and food coloring. (Start with 1 drop and add desired amount). Stir in the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer over a low heat until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat. Serve with hot biscuits and mashed potatoes.