Chicken Broccoli Bacon Ranch Casserole with Shredded Tater Tot Cheddar Topping is a casserole with a creamy filling of soup, half and half, sour cream, chicken, bacon, broccoli,and ranch dressing. It is topped with shredded tater tots and cheddar cheese, then baked until bubbly.
Everyone has a casserole that is an old family favorite. Our family has served a version of a chicken and broccoli casserole since the 1970’s. Last week I had all of these ingredients on hand and decided to make a new version of ours. I used a rotisserie chicken which is so convenient.
I like to serve casseroles that cover all food groups like meat, veggies, and dairy. This one is a delicious combination of all of these.
Bacon, ranch, potatoes and cheese are always a winner.
Here are the ingredients I used for this casserole.
Spray a 9 inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, half and half, and hidden valley ranch dressing to a bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
Fold in the broccoli, salt-pepper, bacon, and chicken.
Spread mixture into the baking dish.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat the tater tots 30 seconds at a time until they can be crumbled. Combine with the cheese.
Sprinkle tater tot-cheddar topping evenly over the mixture.
Bake 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
The tater tots will become crispy.
This Chicken Broccoli Bacon Ranch Casserole can also be made with different vegetables. I have used asparagus instead of the broccoli.
*This recipe was shared on Week-end Potluck @https://sweetlittlebluebird.com/
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 Tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch dressing from packet
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut in bite size pieces (rotisserie)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (about 30) Ore-Ida Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray, place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Cook in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain water, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the undiluted soup, sour cream, half and half, and ranch dressing. Combine until well mixed and smooth.
- Fold in the chicken, salt, pepper, bacon, and broccoli. Combine all ingredients. Spread mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the tater tots in a medium size microwave safe bowl. Heat at 30 second intervals until the potatoes can be crumbled, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the cheese and combine. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture becomes bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve hot. Serves 4-6 .