Strawberry-Mascarpone-Hazelnut-Parfait is a recipe you really will want to try.
What a delicious way to celebrate National Strawberry Parfait Day! It is really not until Saturday the 25th but I wanted to share these recipes ahead of time.
The fresh strawberries around my hometown have been so sweet and beautiful. My husband and I have sure eaten our fair share.
I was a finalist at the Pillsbury Bake-off Contest in 2014 and one of the parfaits I created was inspired by that recipe. This is beautiful and tastes awesome. Grab some fresh strawberries and give this a try.
I like to use these 9oz plastic parfait glasses that can be found at craft stores, Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store.
- 1/3 cup chocolate chip cookies, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioner sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries plus 1 whole berry for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon white chocolate melting discs (or white choc chips)
- Place half of the broken cookies into bottom of parfait glass.
- In a microwave safe small bowl, warm the hazelnut spread for 15 to 20 seconds and stir. Set aside 1 teaspoon for later use and then spoon half of the spread over the cookies.
- Using an electric mixer, or a large spoon, stir together the mascarpone cheese, confectioner sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread half of the mascarpone cheese mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Arrange half of the sliced strawberries over the mascarpone cheese.
- Repeat these layers again.
- Drizzle the teaspoon of hazelnut spread over the final layer of strawberries. (May need to warm in microwave again to drizzle). Melt the white chocolate in a small, microwave safe bowl, at 10 second intervals and stirring after each. Drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberries. Top with whole strawberry to garnish.
My grandchildren love making this one.
I set up containers of strawberry yogurt. I had graham cracker crumbs, vanilla wafer crumbs, and 2 kinds of granola as an option for the crust. We had fresh strawberries, blueberries, and bananas. We had fat free Cool-Whip, and honey as a topping. Just build layers with a crust, yogurt, strawberries, bananas, cool-whip and your choice of toppings.