I am happy to be sharing this Garlic Lasagna Bread recipe today and hope that you like it as much as we did.
Many of the recipes that I create are inspired by my grandchildren.
This recipe for Garlic Lasagna Bread is a great example.
A few months ago, 2 of my grandsons were visiting, and we were having spaghetti for dinner. I saw Carter spread some of his
spaghetti on a slice of garlic bread and I started to say something, but didn’t. It looked messy to me, but he said that is how he always eats it. Later, my husband told me that he did the same thing when he was a child.
I love garlic bread and it could be a great base for some other toppings besides cheese. I had several packages in the freezer and a few days ago decided to experiment with it.
We made a couple of different creations, but my favorite was the Garlic Lasagna Bread. It could be served as a lunch or dinner. Just add a green salad. It could also be cut in smaller pieces and served as a party snack or appetizer.
This was so easy to put together.
Prepare an easy sauce with ground beef, sausage, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and a jar of pasta sauce.
For the cheese mixture, use ricotta cheese, an egg, parmesan cheese.
Assemble the ingredients.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat
oven to 375 degrees F.
intruehealth dinner or cut into smaller pieces as an appetizer.” width=”1600″ height=”1067″>Open the loaf of garlic bread and bake 7 minutes.
Spread 3 Tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on each half.
Next spread 3 Tablespoons of the sauce on each.
Top each half with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Bake 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each half with another 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Set back in oven just long
enough to melt the cheese.
Transfer to a cutting board.
I let them set about 5 or 6 minutes and then cut into desired
Serve the Garlic Lasagna Bread warm. These were good reheated as leftovers.
This recipe was enough for 2 full loaves of garlic bread (4 halves).
Recipe can be cut in half to make 1 loaf.
- 1/2 lb spicy sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (24oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 (10oz) packages frozen garlic bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, brown the sausage and ground beef. Drain grease and return to pan. Stir in the Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Add pasta sauce, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Remove from stove.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese.
- Open a loaf of bread. Separate the halves and place on pan, with butter side up. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on each half of bread. Spread 3 heaping tablespoons of the sauce on each half. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on top of each.
- Return to oven and bake 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese on each half. Set pan back in oven just long enough to melt cheese.
- Transfer breads to cutting board. Allow to set about 6 minutes and then cut into pieces of desired sizes.