An After School Snack Board is a fun way to give those children in your life a special treat. It is a colorful combination of fruits, veggies, cheese, mini sandwiches and sweet treats.
This snack board has something for everyone.
I have been having so much fun lately creating these boards for so many occasions. I will be sharing many more in the upcoming months.
School started back in our town a few weeks ago, and we all know that children are “starving” when they get home from school. Sometimes I have some of my grandchildren or my neighbor boys after school.
I try to keep foods on hand so that I can create treats when needed. They all like it when I make the treats a little special. They are use to sandwiches cut out of cookie cutters, or themed tables.
Creating a snack board was a fun idea to them.
There are no rules on what you can fill the boards with. Just use your imagination and fill them with whatever you have on hand.
I started with a round board because I did not have but 2 or 3 children on these 2 days. I have a larger board I will use for a larger crowd.
For this After School Snack Board, I started with a bowl of fresh fruit, added some mini grilled cheese sandwiches, and then filled in sections with fresh veggies, cheese, gold fish, pretzels, popcorn and mini ham and cheese pinwheels.
I melted a small bowl of chocolate for dipping strawberries or donut holes. Finally, fill in empty spots with small candies.
Here are some other views of the board.
A few weeks earlier I was visiting with my grandsons out of state, and they helped me make one of these boards.
They enjoyed going through their pantry finding snacks. I had taken some healthier options and added them.
Both of the boards that I made had the same theme, but use whatever the children in your life enjoy snacking on.
HERE is a Brunch Board for 2 that I previously made.
- 3 cups fresh fruit
- 2 cups fresh veggies, any variety
- 1 cup cheese cubes
- variety of snacks such as popcorn, chips, pretzels, goldfish
- variety of small candies and sweet treats like donut holes,brownie bites, mini cookies
- mini sandwiches cut out with cookie cutter
- 1/2 cup of melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Arrange fruit in a small bowl in center of board.
- Line vegetables in a section on side of board
- Arrange cheese cubes in a section of board.
- Set small cups of any dips you are serving on the board.
- Arrange groupings of the other treats around the sides of the board