Sharing this delicious and easy to make Valentine’s Day Mini Breakfast Quiche and breakfast board for you to enjoy with someone you love.
Valentine’s Day Mini Breakfast Quiche
To create this delicious breakfast board, start with my Valentine’s Day Mini Breakfast Quiche, add pancakes, bacon, sausage, fresh fruits and whipped cream. Perfect to share with someone you love.
A few years ago, one of my daughters bought me these cute mini heart shaped springform pans. I have made so many different cakes in them. They are 1 cup size each.
On Valentine’s Day, I always make sweet treats for my grandchildren. I also try to make each meal special for my husband. Starting the day off with a breakfast board sets the mood for the day.
Begin with a 9 inch round refrigerated pie crust. I am able to get 2 mini quiche from 1 crust by pressing the dough scraps together in the pans. Set the mini pan on the pie crust and trace an area larger than the pan, with a small knife.
Press the dough into the ungreased pan. Wrap the outside of pan with foil, and place on a foil lined baking sheet. (I learned the hard way that the egg mixture can leak out)
Bake crust @ 350 degrees F for 7 minutes. remove from the oven.
Arrange the ham pieces, sausage, peppers, and baby spinach onto the crust.
Add the cheese.
To prepare the filling, whisk together the eggs, dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and half and half. Carefully pour evenly between the 2 pans.
Bake until egg mixture is set, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to set on cooling rack for about 15 minutes, remove sides and bottom disc.
Arrange the Valentine’s Day Mini Breakfast Quiche onto a wooden board, platter, or a serving tray. Fill tray with your favorite breakfast foods, such as bacon, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruits and whipped cream.
This post was shared on Weekend Potluck @ Sweet Little Bluebird
Check out the awesome recipes on this site!
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1/4 lb ground sausage, crumbled and browned
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons onions, diced (optional)
- 1/2- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set pie crust out of refrigerator to soften enough to unroll.
- Unroll pie crust onto flat surface. Set pan onto the pie crust, open part down, and trace an area, with a knife, about an inch larger than pan. Press dough into bottom and up sides of ungreased pan. Repeat for 2nd pan. Use scraps of dough if needed. If you are using larger pans, use 1 pie crust for each one. Prick bottom and sides with a fork. Place in refrigerator to chill 15-30 minutes.
- Wrap outside of springform pan with aluminum foil. Set pan on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake crust for 7 minutes.
- Evenly divide the ham, sausage, peppers,spinach, and onions between the 2 pans. Top each with cheese.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, mustard and hot sauce. Divide mixture evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake until egg mixture is set, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire cooling rack. Cool about 15 minutes, remove sides of pan and disc from the bottom.
- Arrange the quiches on a wooden board, tray, or serving platter. Add bacon, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, syrup, butter, and whipped cream. Enjoy with someone you love.