Jump to recipe
Sharing this easy, crockpot recipe for Pulled Pork Sliders. We serve these frequently at family cook-outs and tailgate parties.
Pulled Pork Sliders are made from a pork butt rubbed with a homemade rub recipe, cooked in a crockpot, and covered with homemade bbq sauce. The juiciest ones you will ever eat.
The past 2 years I have donated Pulled Pork Sliders to different fundraising events and always get asked for my recipe. The sliders are a perfect size for the kids to eat and they are getting a healthier option then candy bars or other things they buy. You can get a lot of sliders from a pork butt and this also makes it a good profit at the concession stand. I fix at least 2 pork roasts at a time and there are never any leftovers. The rub and sauce can be made a few days ahead of time.
We always add cole slaw, pickles, and mustard to ours!
Start with a pork butt.
Rub the spicy rub mix onto both sides of meat.
Place in crockpot.
Remove to a platter or pan after cooking. Should be falling off the
Shred meat with 2 forks. I remove all of the fat. Place in large Ziploc
bag if not serving immediately.
Ladle the juice from the crockpot into a jar. Allow fat to cool and
harden at the top. Remove and discard this fat. Prior to serving,
spoon some of the broth back over the meat and warm slowly on
low in crockpot. Makes meat so moist!
Below are the recipes I created and have used for years.
- BBQ RUB:
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons McCormick Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or ziploc bag. Makes 1 cup.
- BBQ SAUCE:
1/4 cup honey BBQ sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 to 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons McCormick Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning
In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Simmer over a low heat about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Makes 2 cups
- Recipe for BBQ rub
- Recipe for BBQ sauce
- 5-7 lb pork butt
- 24 slider buns
- mustard, pickles, cole slaw to serve (optional)
- Prepare BBQ rub as directed. Rub spice mixture on all sides of pork butt. May prepare day ahead if desired.
- Place pork butt in large crockpot and add 2 cups of water to the bottom. Cover with lid and cook on low for 12 hours or until pork is tender enough to pull apart with forks. May cook on high 7-8 hours if desired instead.
- Prepare BBQ sauce. Make a double or triple amount for this meat.
- Transfer pork to a large pan and pull apart with 2 forks. Spoon some of the juice from the crockpot over the meat if desired for extra moistness. Pour some of the sauce over the shredded meat and toss to combine. Place in serving pan or back in the crockpot.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Serve on slider buns. Serve with pickles, mustard or coleslaw if desired.
© 2023 Copyright GRANDMA HONEY\\\\\\\'S HOUSE
Please follow and like us: