These Sizzlin Steak and Garlic Roasted
Potato Skillets are perfect to serve to guests or for a special dinner with your
family. This recipe is a delicious
twist on a steak and potato meal.
I always love to order a skillet dinner when we go out to eat. A few months ago, I bought these cast iron fajita skillets and keep looking for new ways to use them. I have created recipes for breakfast as well as dinner. Last week, we were having filet mignon for dinner, so I saw another opportunity to use my skillets. Please enjoy the
Sizzlin Steak and Garlic Roasted Potato Skillets.
Peel, wash, and slice potatoes. Drain water.
Place them in a mixing bowl. Stir in olive oil, salt,
pepper, and garlic salt.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with a large baking sheet in the oven.
Remove the pan from oven, spread the potatoes in a single layer.
Lower oven to 375 degrees F and bake potatoes about 20-25 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
Season steaks with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
Grill to desired doneness on a grill pan or grill. I grill mine about 6 minutes on each side and then place them in the oven to finish cooking, a few minutes, if they are not done enough.
When the potatoes are starting to brown, remove the pan from the oven and turn the potatoes. Return the potatoes to oven and cook until they are browned and becoming crispy. Add the onions and peppers the last 6-7 minutes, stirring them into the potatoes.
Place the skillets into the oven to heat for about 10 minutes.
Cook broccoli or other vegetables you desire to serve on the skillet.
Slice steaks into thin strips.
Carefully, remove skillets from the oven. Arrange potatoes and
vegetables between the skillets. Top with steak strips.
Drizzle desired sauce over meat and vegetables.
These Sizzlin Steak and Garlic Roasted Potato Skillets are colorful,
delicious, and fun to serve.
SIZZLIN STEAK AND GARLIC ROASTED POTATO SKILLETS
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 (8oz) filet mignon
- salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste for steak
- 1/4 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/4 medium onion, cut in medium-thick slices
- 1 head broccoli
- steak sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place an ungreased, large baking sheet into the oven.
- Peel,and wash potatoes. Cut into thin slices, drain water. Place potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Toss potatoes with a spatula to coat all potatoes.
- Carefully, remove the pan from the oven. Spread the potatoes evenly in a single layer on the pan.
- Lower the heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Potatoes will become light golden brown on the bottom. Remove pan from the oven, turn all of the potatoes. Return to oven and bake until they are fork tender and browned, about 15 more minutes. The last 7 or 8 minutes, add the peppers and onions. Spread over the pan, tossing in some of the olive oil on the pan.
- The last 10 minutes potatoes are cooking, place the cast iron skillets in the oven to heat.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the steaks. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Grill on a grill pan, skillet, or an outside grill to desired doneness. Allow steak to set a few minutes, and then slice into thin strips.
- Cook broccoli until tender in boiling water. Drain water.
- Remove skillets from the oven. Divide the potatoes, peppers, onions, and broccoli evenly
- between the 2 skillets. Top with steak slices. Drizzle favorite steak sauce over the meat.
3 thoughts on “SIZZLIN STEAK AND GARLIC ROASTED POTATO SKILLETS”
Looks pretty and scrumptious!!!
Thank you…I will have to fix it for you sometime!
Yum! As always I am leaving hungry! Looks so good.
Comments are closed.