Extreme Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies are extreme because they are a decadent brownie dessert, loaded with a peanut butter cream cheese layer, and then topped with a bag of Reese’s Baking Cups and Reese’s Pieces Candies. Melted chocolate is drizzled over the top for the finishing touch.
I bought these Reese’s Baking Cups and Reese’s Pieces Candies a few months ago, around Halloween, and never baked anything with them. My grandchildren love both of these candies, so I was going to bake cookies with them. The bag was still in my cabinet this week.
The little peanut butter cups are so cute, and delicious. I may have sampled a few when I opened the bag.
A few years ago, I made a version of a peanut butter cream cheese brownie that allowed me to be chosen as a Pillsbury Bake-off Contest finalist. This recipe was my inspiration for Extreme Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Brownies.
Begin with mixing the brownie mix as directed on box. Spread evenly in a 9 x 13 baking dish, that was sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, and a can of sweetened condensed milk. Beat until well combined and smooth. Spoon this mixture evenly over the brownie mixture.
Open the bag of Reese’s candies. Arrange the mini peanut butter cups over the filling, then sprinkle the Reese’s pieces around them.
Bake about 30-35 minutes, or until cream cheese layer is set. Remove pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe glass bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a glass measuring cup or small pan. Pour this over the chocolate chips and stir until they are melted and smooth.
If necessary, may heat mixture a few seconds in the microwave.
Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of brownies.
Cut into small squares. I cut the ends off to obtain a more even brownie when cutting.
These brownies are a very rich dessert, so I cut small pieces.
This recipe was shared on Week-end Potluck on
- 1 (18.4oz) box chocolate brownie mix
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8.5oz) package Reese's Baking Cups & Reese's Pieces Candies
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-3 Tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 13x9-inch pan with No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Spread batter in pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add milk and peanut butter; beat until smooth. Spoon mixture over batter; spread evenly.
- Pour the bag of Reese's cups & candies into a bowl. Arrange the mini peanut butter cups evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the candy pieces around the mini cups and over the filling.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set and edges are light golden brown. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium size bowl. Heat the heavy cream in a separate glass,but do not boil. Begin with 1 Tablespoon of the heated heavy cream. Pour over the chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Add enough cream to obtain a consistency to drizzle.
- Drizzle chocolate over the brownies.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting. Trim the edges off and then cut in squares of desired size.