Cornbread Topped Taco Pot Pie
Cornbread Topped Taco Pot Pie is a ramekin filled with a taco meat filling, salsa, cheese, and then covered with a cornbread topping. It is baked until golden brown and served with lettuce, tomatoes, chips, and sour cream. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
My grandchildren love to eat tacos in a bag, so that was my inspiration in creating this recipe. They also like to have meals served in my little ramekins.
Start by mixing a filling with browned ground beef, taco seasoning mix, water and beans. I used pinto beans in this recipe but black beans, re-fried beans, or kidney beans would all work fine. Spoon the mixture evenly into ramekins that have been sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Place ramekins on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Top with diced green and red bell peppers, salsa, and cheese. You can add any other ingredients, such as diced onions, if desired.
Mix up a package or small box of cornbread as directed. Divide the cornbread evenly between the ramekins.
Bake until light golden brown.
I had these cute mexican themed plastic plates that I served them on. Children always enjoy when a meal at grandma’s house feels like a party.
Serve the Cornbread Topped Taco Pot Pie with chips, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, and sour cream.
If you prefer not to serve it in a ramekin, allow to cool about 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edge and carefully remove taco pie.
I served some out of the ramekin.
*This recipe was shared on Weekend Potluck
@sweet little bluebird.
CORNBREAD TOPPED TACO POT PIE
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced (optional)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack, or mexican blend)
- 1 (7 oz) package cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- shredded lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, green onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, chips
- Spray ramekins with no stick cooking spray and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. I used 9 oz size ramekins and this recipe made 6.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a medium size dutch oven or skillet. Drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning packet, water, and beans. Divide the mixture evenly between the ramekins.
- Divide the red and green peppers over the meat. Top with salsa, then cheese.
- Mix together the cornbread package as instructed. Mine use 1/3 cup milk and 1 egg. Combine until smooth. Divide mixture evenly over the taco mixture, about 2-3 tablespoons on each.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Place on a dish for serving and add the choice topping ingredients around the taco pie. It can be served in the ramekin or cool about 10 minutes, run a butter knife around the edge, and remove pie from the ramekin.
2 thoughts on “CORNBREAD TOPPED TACO POT PIE”
WOW! Kids will LOVE! Pinned and forwarded to 3 daughters! Thank you, Pam!
Thank you Joyce.
Comments are closed.