Butterscotch Toffee Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bars are a dessert perfect for fall, from the colors to the combination of flavors.
The inspiration for this Butterscotch Toffee bars recipe came about one day while reorganizing my pantry and kitchen cabinets. Before I start my fall baking, I like to take out the partially used bags of chips, nuts, candies, and any other ingredients in my cabinets. There are always some leftovers from holiday baking.
I usually lay them out on my counter and move them around beside each other to see what combination sounds good together. The butterscotch chips were my main ingredient inspiration. A small amount of toffee bits were the next ingredient I wanted to use. I also added a few white chocolate chips that I found.
I also found a box of this GODIVA White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Pudding Mix. In the spring I had used a box of this in a strawberry cake recipe and it was so delicious. The recipe now had a direction.
Combine a yellow cake mix,the pudding mix, oil, and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping and press remainder into a parchment lined baking pan. (Brownie pan).
Bake crust 10 minutes, allow to cool. Beat together cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Fold in part of the toffee bits. Spread over crust, top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle butterscotch chips and remaining toffee bits. Return to oven for 1 minute.
Cool on a wire rack 1-2 hours or until cool. Remove from pan by parchment paper and cut into desired size bars.
These Butterscotch Toffee Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bars are a great addition to any fall get together.
- 1 (15.25oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.9oz) pkg Godiva Vanilla Bean Instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, divided use
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup toffee bits (may use chocolate toffee bits)
- 3/4 cup butterscotch baking chips
- 1-2 Tablespoons white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11 x 7 1/2 inch (Brownie) pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix,pudding mix,oil,and 1 egg,with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for later use. Press remaining mixture into the bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat together with an electric mixer, the cream cheese,1 egg, and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of the toffee bits. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over the cream cheese layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle butterscotch chips, remaining toffee bits, and white chocolate chips over the top of crumb mixture. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, remove from pan by parchment paper and cut into desired size bars.
*This is not a sponsored post in any way. The opinions are 100% mine and the products that I prefer to use.
*This recipe was shared at Week-end Potluck @https://sweetlittlebluebird.com/