Country Breakfast Bowl Board
This Country Breakfast Bowl Board is loaded with all of the ingredients to create a delicious,hearty breakfast bowl.
There are a variety of meats, potatoes, eggs, veggies, cheeses,sauces and then topped off with either a sausage gravy or Hollandaise sauce. This board is perfect and impressive to serve on any special occasion.
Recently, my husband and I have enjoyed eating more meals that we build in a bowl. We enjoy salad bowls, protein bowls, and quinoa bowls.
It only made sense to try a hearty breakfast bowl. My board started being created for 2 people, but as I continued to add what we liked, it grew, this board will easily feed 4 people.
The foods on my Country Breakfast Bowl Board are:
Grilled steak, cut in strips
Hash brown potatoes, browned
Home fries cooked and fried (I used little new potatoes)
Red and green bell peppers
Shredded cheddar cheese
Shredded italian cheese blend
I arrange the small bowls, dishes, mini skillets where they will set on the board. Doing this ahead of time makes it come together quicker.
Start by prepping the meats. Brown the sausage,cook the bacon and steak. I used some leftover steak that I already had.
Next, cook the hash browns and home fries. Chop the veggies. Prepare the gravy mix and Hollandaise sauce. I used a packaged mix for each of these.
While the meats and potatoes are cooking, I set out the ingredients such as peppers, onion etc. Add the hot foods and prepare the eggs last.
Family and friends will enjoy building their own breakfast bowl with all of these delicious options.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage,browned, grease drained
- 1/2 lb bacon,cooked. crumble part and serve part as strips
- 1 cup ham cubes, from package
- 1 grilled steak, cut in strips
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, browned
- 1 lb potatoes, boiled until slightly tender,then fried (I used little new potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons green bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tablespoons onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Jalapeno slices
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded italian cheese blend
- Hot Sauce
- 1 package sausage gravy, prepare as directed
- 1 package Hollandaise sauce, prepared as directed
- 4 scrambled eggs
- 4 fried eggs
- Set out board, platter, or serving tray to be used. Arrange small dishes,mini skillets and any serving bowls to be used onto the board.
- Prep the meats,potatoes,veggies, gravy mix and Hollandaise sauce. Keep ingredients warm that need to be served warm.
- Arrange the veggies,hot sauce,salsa,and cheeses on the board. Add the hot foods just before cooking the eggs. Cook the eggs last and add to the board.
- Serve immediately. Makes 4 breakfast bowls.
*This post was shared on Weekend Potluck link party @sweetlittlebluebird
You may also enjoy these other breakfast boards.
Anniversary Breakfast Board. I created this one on our recent anniversary with quiche baked in a heart shaped mini spring-form pan.