Jump to recipe
These Peanut Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect to add to your holiday baking list.
I try to come up with a few new cookie recipes each year. This one was actually created after I went through my pantry and wanted to use a few chocolate chips and toffee bits that I had leftover. There was a big jar of peanut butter looking at me, so the idea came to me instantly. The cookies have big flavor, so they had to have a big name. Peanut Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Preheat the oven and assemble the ingredients.
Mix together the basic ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
Time to bake. I always bake my cookies on my baking stones.
Transfer to a wire cooling rack. They are very good just at this point. My husband sampled one and said it is the best peanut butter cookie he has ever tasted. The cookies have a soft center and it seems like they melt in your mouth.
Add the melted chocolate and sprinkle more toffee bits on top.
Place on a holiday serving platter.
I froze some with and without the topping and they both were great. Love cookies that we can make ahead and freeze.
Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy.
PEANUT BUTTER TOFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Real butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8oz) bag milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 (11.5oz) bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt: set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, on a medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes, or until smooth and well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, in three parts. Beat just until incorporated after each addition.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the toffee bits and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Using a small scoop or teaspoon, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. remove from the oven before bottom becomes dark brown as they become harder while cooling. Allow to cool about 2 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Place remaining chocolate chips and the oil in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. If chips are not melted, continue to heat and stir at 10 second intervals.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies. Top with remaining toffee bits. Be sure to sprinkle the toffee bits before the chocolate hardens back up.
- Makes 4 dozen.
© 2023 Copyright GRANDMA HONEY\\\\\\\'S HOUSE
Please follow and like us: