Jump to recipe
These lime cream cheese cake bars are a very refreshing dessert, and perfect to serve on St Patrick’s Day.
They are actually a remake of a recipe for lemon cream cheese bars that I have been making for about 40 years. The original recipe was on the side of a cake box. I still make them frequently and was thinking of that recipe again last week. I decided to change a few ingredients and created lime cream cheese cake bars.
I am serving these on St Patrick’s Day but I also think they would be a great summertime dessert. Hope you enjoy!
If you like lime, you will also like these
Raspberry Lime Cookie Cups.
LIME CREAM CHEESE CAKE BARS- ST PATRICK'S DAY
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lime
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring/paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11 x 7 1/2 inch pan (brownie pan) with parchment paper.
- Place the cake mix in a medium size mixing bowl. Add the oil and 1 egg. Stir mixture together with a fork until combined and mixture is still crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for later use. Press the remaining mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes then remove from oven to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar and remaining 1 egg into a large mixing bowl. Zest the lime. Place half of the zest into cream cheese bowl. Cut the lime in half and add 2 Tablespoons of the juice into cream cheese bowl. Add food coloring starting with 1 drop or end of a toothpick if using paste, to get a light green tint. Beat ingredients together, with an electric mixture until well combined and smooth. Spread cream cheese layer over the crust.
- Crumble the reserved topping and drop evenly over the top of cream cheese.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until cream cheese is set and top crust seems baked. Remove from oven. Allow to cool in pan about 30 minutes then remove by picking up parchment paper and set on a cutting board.
- Garnish with remaining lime zest.
- Allow to cool about 2 hours. Cut into size of bars desired. Yields 24 (1 1/2-in bars)
- Refrigerate bars prior to serving.
© 2024 Copyright GRANDMA HONEY\\\\\\\'S HOUSE
*This recipe was shared on Weekend Potluck
@ Sweet Little Bluebird
Please follow and like us: