This loaded breakfast panini is perfect to start your day with, or to serve to guests for a special treat.
Leftover ham was the inspiration for my loaded breakfast panini. My husband loves fried egg sandwiches, but doesn’t let himself eat them too often. In the summer months he loves them with a slice of fresh tomato. One morning while fixing breakfast, I saw the leftover ham in the refrigerator and put this sandwich together for him.
On this day, I used sour dough bread, with mayonnaise for my condiment. Another day I made this on ciabatta bread and used basil pesto for the condiment. Any time I have a fresh tomato, I do add a slice or 2 to the sandwich.
Here is the healthy recipe and I hope you enjoy this breakfast panini.
LOADED BREAKFAST PANINI
- 2 slices bread
- 1-2 teaspoons mayonnaise (or pesto)
- 6 baby spinach leaves
- 3 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 thin slices ham
- 1 egg, fried with yolk cooked hard
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1-2 slices fresh tomato
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat panini pan, grill pan, or a heavy skillet. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Lay one slice of bread on a flat work surface. Spread half of the mayonnaise on this slice of bread. Layer the spinach, cheese, ham, egg, bacon, and tomato. Spread remaining mayonnaise on the other slice of bread and add top to sandwich. Brush with half of the melted butter.
- Lay sandwich, butter side down, on grill pan. Brush the remaining butter on top of sandwich.
- Grill sandwich until bread is crisp, golden, and the cheese has melted. About 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a serving plate and cut in half.
© 2023 Copyright GRANDMA HONEY\\\\\\\'S HOUSE
Please follow and like us:
9 thoughts on “LOADED BREAKFAST PANINI”
This looks amazing!!!
Thank you Lynne
Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe on the #RecipeSharingParty! I hope to see you next week . Pinned and Yummed . Please visit #OverTheMoon on Sunday or #ThursdayFavoriteThings for more sharing fun! Do not forget to comment your link #s so I can be sure to visit and you get a chance to be featured!
The Kids gave me a Panini maker for Christmas and I love it but I never thought about making a breakfast sandwich with it! Next weekend for sure!
Panini. . .for breakfast?? Bestill my heart! This is perfect, thanks for sharing!
I would love it if you would consider sharing this on my weekly Link Up:
Hope to see you there! : )
Thank you for your nice comment and I did share this. Glad to find your blog!
Thanks for sharing at Peace Love Linkup! The next linky goes live tomorrow at 6! Hope to see you there! : )
Comments are closed.