Sheet pan dinners are everyplace on the internet these days. They look so colorful and healthy, so I decided to give it a try for our dinner tonight. Sheet Pan Turkey Cutlets and Veggies with Sweetened Chili Sauce is what I served.
I have been chosen as one of the bloggers in the Steviva-
Sweeten It-Up recipe challenge.
We were sent 4 products to create recipes in a Beverage, Entrée, and Baking category.
This recipe is the one I created for the Entrée category.
I fix a lot of recipes that contain spicy ingredients. My husband loves this! I always try to balance the heat with a little sweet.
Typically, I use honey, sugar, or brown sugar to obtain this.
As I reviewed information on the Steviva products, I decided to use Nectevia in this recipe.
Nectevia is made from organic agave nectar that is enhanced with steviva. I was happy to learn it has 1/4 the calories, carbs, and sugars of regular table sugar. It is safe for diabetics, gluten free, and non GMO. It is not an artificial sweetener.
When I tasted it, I noticed that it had no bitter after taste. The after taste is what I have disliked in other sweeteners. This has a slight honey taste.
Here is how I created the recipe for my Sheet Pan Turkey Cutlets and Veggies using Nectevia in the sauce.
Place turkey cutlets in a dish. Season with salt and pepper.
In a glass measuring cup, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil,
garlic,1 teaspoon Nectevia, and 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce. Pour half over the turkey cutlets. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
Place the potatoes and other vegetables in a large mixing
bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the vegetables and toss to coat.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a large sheet pan, with sides, in the oven to be heating when oven is turned on.
Arrange potato slices on the baking sheet; cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Turn potatoes, add the remaining veggies.
Place turkey cutlets on the baking sheet. Return pan to the oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temp of turkey is 165 degrees.
Remove from the oven. Transfer turkey cutlets and veggies to a serving platter.
Drizzle with remaining NECTEVIA – sweet chili sauce.
I still had the heat, and the touch of sweet was not overwhelming. Excellent product.
SHEET PAN TURKEY CUTLETS AND VEGGIES WITH SWEETENED CHILI SAUCE
- 4 turkey cutlets
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon NECTEVIA
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs new potatoes, sliced
- 1/3 medium green bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1/3 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1/3 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- Arrange turkey cutlets in a shallow dish. Season both sides with desired amount salt & pepper.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the garlic,1/4 cup olive oil, NECTEVIA, and sweet chili sauce. Pour about half over the turkey. Cover and refrigerate 1-3 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the potatoes, peppers, onion, and broccoli. Pour remaining olive oil over the vegetables and toss to coat. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a large baking sheet in the oven to heat while oven is preheating.
- Arrange potatoes on the pan and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes, and add the remaining vegetables. Place turkey cutlets onto baking sheet. Return pan to the oven.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature of turkey is 165 degrees F.Turn chicken once, Stir vegetables once.
- Remove from oven and transfer meat and vegetables to serving platter.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
For more information and recipes, please visit these web sites.