Oriental Chicken Udon Noodle Soup
Oriental Chicken Udon Noodle Soup is a warm bowl of rich, seasoned broth, loaded with rotisserie chicken, asian style vegetables and delicious Fortune Udon Chicken Flavored Noodles. My husband said this is one of the best soups he has ever tasted.
I am lucky enough to be one of the bloggers participating in the JSL Foods Fortune Noodle Blogger Recipe Challenge. I was sent 3 variety packages of their delicious noodles to create an original soup recipe.
For my recipe, I chose to use the Fortune Udon Chicken Flavor Noodles.
“Udon Fortune noodles are perfect for those wonderful, quick soups in five flavor packets. Pre-cooked and microwaveable, they fit easily into busy family lives. Fortune udon noodles contain no MSG, no cholesterol, and they contain added flaxseed to provide 130 mg of ALA Omega-3 per serving”. .This is from their website…I need to add that they are delicious! They are made from only 4 ingredients.
This soup is so easy to prepare and is loaded with healthy ingredients. I used rotisserie chicken for added convenience.
To create my recipe, start by heating olive oil in a large dutch oven. Add the onions, celery, and peppers. Cook about 2 minutes.
Stir in cabbage and garlic, season with pepper.
Add chicken broth, bring to a boil. Stir in rotisserie chicken, seasoning packet from the noodles, and salt.
Add package of frozen Asian-Style vegetables, cook 4 minutes. Stir in the Udon Noodles, cook 5 minutes.
Stir in the baby spinach and sweet chili sauce. Simmer 1 minute, then remove from heat. Serve warm.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 4-6 cups chicken broth (depending on thickness desired, I used 6)
- 2 cups cooked,skinless chicken breast, chopped (rotisserie is delicious)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pkg (7.27oz) FORTUNE UDON CHICKEN FLAVORED NOODLES
- 1 (10.8oz) bag Asian Medley frozen vegetables
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven or saucepan. over a medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery,and peppers; saute' about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the cabbage and garlic, season with black pepper, and cook for 3 minutes over low heat. Stir frequently.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in chicken, salt, and seasoning packet from the FORTUNE UDON CHICKEN FLAVORED NOODLES package. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the frozen vegetables, cook 4 minutes, then add the noodles from the FORTUNE UDON CHICKEN FLAVORED NOODLES package. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the baby spinach and sweet chili sauce, simmer on low for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Prepare a few hours ahead and allow flavors to blend for best flavor. Reheat prior to serving. Serve warm.
Fortune noodle products can be found in the produce department at Safeway and Shop Rite grocery stores.
You may go to their website www.jsl.foods.com/ and sign up to be in their Noodle Club, and receive a coupon for a free product.
Please visit their website and social media sites for more recipe ideas.