Jump to recipe
LOADED FOOTBALL VEGGIE PIZZA
Loaded football veggie pizza is a baked crescent dough crust in a football shape, covered with cream cheese and ranch filling, veggies, meat and cheese. The perfect appetizer for any tailgate party.
I bought this football shaped food board last year from Amazon and just love it. Football season is here, so I am using it every chance that I get. It is perfect for a small charcuterie board or a dessert board with cookies and brownies. HERE is the link to the board. (I am not an affiliate so this is just something that I liked)
This recipe is just the basic veggie pizza one that we have all been making for years, but is seems special when you add a different shape to it.
HOW TO MAKE THE LOADED FOOTBALL VEGGIE PIZZA
*Bake the crescent roll crust in a large rectangle (16L x9w). Let the crust cool, cut the football shape from the crust. I tried doing it 2 different ways, and what worked best, is to trace the football board on the crust, using the tip of a sharp knife. Another option is to trace the football board onto parchment paper, cut it out, and then use it to cut football from crust.
*Prepare the filling mixture. Cut the veggies and meats into small pieces. Spread the filling, top with veggies, meats and cheese. Make the football laces from a slice of thick provolone cheese.
*Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into desired size wedges.
Another popular recipe to serve at your football parties is my
Hot Pimento Sausage Dip.
LOADED FOOTBALL VEGGIE PIZZA
- 1 (8oz) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1oz) package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup baby carrots, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup diced ham, from package
- 1/4 cup salami, chopped
- 1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 thick slice provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a baking stone.
- Open can of crescent dough and unroll onto parchment paper. Press or roll out into a 16 “ L x 9” W rectangle. Bake until light golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool about 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking and cooling, prepare the filling and toppings. In a medium size bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch packet. Mix until smooth and well combined; set aside. Clean and chop the veggies. You may use any combination that your family prefers.
- After crust is cool, transfer to a flat surface to cut football shape. Place the board on the crust to trace around, using the tip of a sharp knife, or trace board onto parchment paper, cut it out, and use that as the pattern to cut. Place football crust onto a serving platter.
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the crust. Arrange the vegetables, ham, and salami over the filling. Top with the shredded cheese. Cut the provolone cheese into pieces and arrange in middle of the football to look like the laces.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into desired size wedges to serve.
© 2024 Copyright GRANDMA HONEY\\\\\\\'S HOUSE
Please follow and like us: