*I was in no way compensated for any of the products used in this post. The opinions are 100% my own.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole is another variation of the famous hash brown casserole, and is so delicious.
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Casserole can actually be served as a one dish meal as well as a side.
Summer means lots of cook-outs and parties that involve taking a covered dish. I always take several dishes to anything that I am invited to, and one of them is usually the hash brown casserole. It is such a great recipe and I keep thinking of other ingredients I could add to it for some variation.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CASSEROLE:
Here are the ingredients that I used. The bowl of chicken seems to be hiding behind the ranch dressing packet.
Place the Potatoes O’ Brien, butter, salt, pepper, soup, chicken, bacon, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle a package of Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing Mix over the ingredients. Add half of the cheese.
Stir to combine all ingredients well.
Transfer to a large baking dish that has been sprayed with a no stick cooking spray.
If you are taking this to a cook-out, use a disposable aluminum pan. I double the pans because this casserole is so heavy.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake about 50-55 minutes, until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender. Serve warm.
The day we ate this for supper, I served it as a one pan meal.
Another great thing about this casserole is that it can be put together a day in advance or earlier in the day, and then baked when needed.
This post was shared on Weekend Potluck @ Sweet Little Bluebird.
Check out this site for the most delicious recipes every week. New ones posted every Friday morning.
Here are some other recipe ideas for taking to a covered dish event.
Home-Style Chicken and Noodles
Baked Beans and Wieners
CHICKEN BACON RANCH POTATO CASSEROLE
- 2 lb bag frozen Potatoes O Brien
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 (1.0oz) packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (rotisserie is perfect)
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, ranch packet, soup, sour cream and half of the cheese. Stir to combine ingredients well, with a large wooden spoon.
- Add chicken and bacon. Stir to combine ingredients well. Spoon ingredients into prepared pan, spread evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and potatoes are tender.
8 thoughts on “CHICKEN BACON RANCH POTATO CASSEROLE”
Potatoes, bacon, cheese and ranch dressing — all my favorite things! Thanks for the recipe!
Had for dinner tonight – delicious. We halved the recipe for the 2 of us.
Oh thank you!!! I do that a lot too since we are empty nesters.
Trying this tonight will let you know how it goes
Thank you. Hope your family likes it.
Do you thaw the potatoes or can you use them frozen?
Hi. I’m sorry that I just got some computer time. I use them mostly frozen. I take them out of the freezer to sit out while I’m getting everything else ready, then just break them up with a butter knife. Frozen or thawed would be totally fine. Thank You.
Comments are closed.