*I was in no way compensated for any of the products used in this post. The opinions are 100% my own.
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato
Casserole is another variation of the famous hash brown casserole, and is so delicious.
Summer means lots of cook-outs and parties that involve taking a
covered dish. I always take several dishes to anything that I am
invited to, and one of them is usually the hash brown casserole.
It is such a great recipe and I keep thinking of other ingredients I could add to it for some variation. This Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato
Casserole can actually be served as a one dish meal as well as a side.
Ingredients. The bowl of chicken seems to be hiding behind the
ranch dressing packet.
Place the Potatoes O’ Brien, butter, salt, pepper, soup, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl.
Sprinkle a package of Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing Mix over the ingredients. Add half of the cheese.
Stir to combine.
Add chopped rotisserie chicken, bacon, and 2 cups of cheese.
Stir all ingredients together well.
Transfer to a large baking dish that has been sprayed with a no stick
cooking spray. If you are taking this to a cook-out, use a disposable
aluminum pan. I double the pans because this casserole is so heavy.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake about 50 minutes. Serve warm.
The day we ate this for supper, I served it as a one pan meal. It
could be put together a day in advance or earlier in the day, and
then baked when needed.
- 2 lb bag frozen Potatoes O Brien
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 (1.0oz) packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (rotisserie is perfect)
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with no stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the potatoes, butter, salt, pepper, ranch packet, soup, sour cream and half of the cheese. Stir to combine ingredients well, with a large wooden spoon.
- Add chicken and bacon. Stir to combine ingredients well. Spoon ingredients into prepared pan, spread evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and potatoes are tender.